At Office Cleaning Company we encourage use of green practices and use of greener cleaning products. Many initiatives have been taken in the past that encourage a cleaner environment. However, we are still producing a lot of waste that causes release of unwanted pollutants in the environment. We as a office cleaning company encourages minimal wastage and uses green cleaning products to help create a cleaner environment within and outside you office.
How to chose a ‘green’ office cleaning company ?
When choosing cleaning companies, it is important you speak to them about their sustainability policies. Cleaning companies may often get carried away and use chemicals that are cheap but affect the environment in many ways.
When buying specialist cleaning products, select those that are plant-based and biodegradable:
- Use dishwasher detergents that do not have chlorine bleach and lowest in phosphates of the lot.
- Use bathroom cleaning products that do not contain aerosol propellants and antibacterial agents.
- When your carpet requires professional clean, go to a cleaning company that uses less-toxic products low in volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and irritants.
- Avoid air fresheners and aerosols– rather try to eliminate odour problems than covering the odour.
- Use reusable cotton towels, rags and non-scratch scrubbing sponges instead of disposable paper products to reduce excess waste.
There are many ways to clean the air quality of your office or home. at home you can try using oil burners or try boiling cinnamon, cloves, or any other herbs you have a fondness for. Fresh chocolate chip cookies also have been known to create a friendly aroma and lot of appetite. Also, plants may not make your house smell different but are good for filtering interior air quality. Fresh plants help improve the ambience of the house and offices alike.